Wednesday, May 25, 2011

HW 58 - Prom Interviews

For these interviews I decided to interview 3 people. The first person I decided to interview was a 15 year old girl who is in 10th grade, a younger sister of a friend. I asked her questions such as; when you think about Prom what comes to mind? & What are your thoughts on prom. She stated that when she thinks about prom she thinks about fancy dresses and Limos. This was answer I was planning on receiving. After asking her; What are your thoughts on Prom? She quickly replied how excited she was for it. She already had a potential date even though her Prom was 2 years away. She was already looking at dresses which would be the best for her Prom. She was planning in 2 years advance. 
The second Interview I conducted was one of my male friend who was 19 years old who attended his Prom last year. I asked him questions such as; How was your Prom, & if you could would you change anything about it? He replied that his prom was just “Alright” His Prom did not live up to the hype that he expected. He later answered the following question and stated that he would change most of it. The most interesting answer to me was; “If i had to change anything it would be to not be so excited about Prom”
The final Interview I conducted was with my mother who is 38 years old. I asked her similar questions to the questions I asked in the first two interviews. He main theory about prom was that it was a mandatory event. It was a passage into a adult hood. She also stated that it was something that she would never forget. Her prom was more of the 80’s movie type like “teen wolf” minus the wolf. Her date picked her up from her apartment and had to get approval from father as well as sharing slow dances with her prom.
The great thing about these three interviews were that they were not all the same and everyone actually had different theories and experiences. This helped me come to the conclusion that Prom is not the same for everyone. Also that Prom is a unexpected event. No matter how long and how much you prepare for Prom, prom is something that  will never be predictable.

No comments:

Post a Comment